Legend is available for year-round private charters and is a 1948, completely custom-built, vintage wooden boat, designed and built by Mike Shain of Shain Manufacturing based in Seattle, Washington. Her gorgeous construction consists mainly of mahogany, with some teak accents. Trimmerships were known for their eye-catching reverse “ducktail” transom, their art deco styling and teardrop inspired portholes. It has a striking windlass anchor that rests on the starboard side of the bow.
Legend has a nice sized galley with a sink and counter space for food preparation, a mini-fridge and an ice chest to keep your drinks cold and plenty of indoor seating to take a break from the sun. There is ample outdoor space for relaxing with friends or sunbathing on the roof or bow. There is a bimini over the outdoor seating. We can include the giant pink flamingo that can accommodate your entire party for lounging in the water. There is 1 restroom onboard and there are 2 cabins for a total of 3 beds, just in case you need to lay the kids down for a nap. There is a built-in heater for cooler days and plenty of blankets to enjoy the breathtaking Lake Tahoe sunsets from outdoors.
The current owner of Legend, Tahoe Yacht Cruises, had her shipped from Port Orchard, Washington to her new home in South Lake Tahoe, California in 2019. Legend was kept in a boathouse for her entire life and meticulously maintained over the years. We are proud to bring yet another stunning piece of wooden boat history to Lake Tahoe.
- 1948 Shain Airflow Trimmership
- 48 feet long
- Twin Chrysler Crown Straight 6
- Cruise speed 10 knots, top speed 13 knots
- Icom VHF, Furuno plotter and radar
- Four 50 gallon fuel tanks
- Full engine room fire system
- Electric Windlass
- Bow thruster and stearn thruster systems
- Mahogany planking over oak frames, some teak accents
- Flybridge has a duplicate set of navigation equipment
- 3 sleeping berths
- 1 full head with shower
- 12 person capacity as a bareboat charter
- Galley has a refrigerator